Nine Leaves Today.

In yesterday's baseball practice several changes in the make-up of the team were made. J. D. Clark was put back at first, and at short stop Fincke and George were tried. Fincke was finally left at second and George at short-stop. Jaynes took Ewer's place in the left field. The object of these changes is to strengthen the team's batting.

The men will leave the square at 10.30 this morning to play Dartmouth at Hanover tomorrow. They will arrive late this afternoon at Norwich, Vermont, and, after spending the night there at the Newton Inn, they will drive to Hanover for the game. They will return on a night train, reaching Boston early Friday morning. The following men will be taken: Reid, Stillman, Kernan, MacDonald, J.D. Clark, Kendall, George, G. C. Clark, Fincke, Coolidge, Loughlin, Wendell, Jaynes, Murdock, Frothingham and McMaster.

The second nine has now had about a week's practice under the coaching of Dr. Nichols, and is now in fairly good shape, except in batting, which so far has received little attention. The infield is very fast, but it is inclined to be erratic. The outfield is not yet covering enough ground.

Coburn and Milne form an excellent battery, although Coburn is still a little unsteady. Lovering at first covers a great deal of ground, but his throwing is weak; Keene at second has the same fault. Putnam and Clay at shortstop and third base are both playing very well, and seem to be doing the best work of the team. The outfielders, Quincy and Stuart, are both fairly good men, but their work so far has been slow. The other outfield position is unfilled.

The first scheduled game will be played on Saturday against the Cambridge High and Latin School team which defeated the Freshmen 4 to 0. The practice games with the University nine will begin next week.