Student Socialistic Convention.

Through the socialistic paper La Petite Republique the students of sociology at the University of Paris have extended an invitation to all university students or graduates, accepting the general principles laid down by the International Socialistic Congress, to attend a convention to be held in Paris next September. This will be the third congress of the kind, the first having been held at Brussels in 1891 and the second at Geneva in 1893. The principles of the Socialistic Congress admit,--"international understanding and action among workmen; the organization of the proletariat into an economic and political class party and the socialization of the means of production and exchange." Among the questions which will be brought before the meeting at Paris are those of socialistic agitation in university circles, the place of socialistic students in labor movements and general education.

Students who are interested in the problems of socialism, but who will be unable to attend the convention, are urged to send reports on the questions that are to come up for discussion. Communications may be addressed to Joseph Boucher, Commission d'Organization, 23 rue de Pentoise, Paris, or to the Secretary of the American Commission, 36 Thayer Hall.