The Graduate School.

The Graduate School has just published the list of officers and students for this year, and the announcement of scholarships and prizes for next year. Few radical changes are announced as applying to the School in general, but the list of officers has undergone some changes. During the past year Professors Toy, Davis and Warren have taken the places of Professors White and Wolff on the Administrative Board, while Mr. George W. Robinson has acted as assistant to the Dean, a new office. There has been a slight growth in the number of students in the School, the number of men enrolled during 1899-1900 being 341 as against 332 during 1898-1899.

The most notable feature of the pamphlet appears in the revision of the list of scholarships, fellowships and prizes. Next year eight new Austin Scholarships of $250 each will be awarded to members of the Graduate School, the College or the Scientific School, or to teachers from other schools and colleges, who intend to return to these institutions after a period of study at Harvard. There is announced a new scholarship of $300, entitled the Christopher M. Weld Scholarship. In the fellowship list announcement is made of a new fellowship of $1,000 for Bachelors of Science in Architecture of Harvard University of not more than three years standing at the Commencement next preceding the examination, open only to men who have taken the degree with distinction; travel in Europe is also required. It is entitled the Austin Fellowship in Architecture. The only other new fellowships offered are eight Austin Teaching Fellowships of $500 each. To the list of prizes have been added one new Bowdoin prize of $300 for an essay of high literary merit belonging to a special field of study, and a new Dante prize of $100 for the best essay on a subject drawn from the life or works of Dante.