Law School Changes.

The annual pamphlet of the Law School announces, in addition to the new courses already noted, several changes, the most important of which are those concerning special students.

Hereafter only graduates of Law Schools which confer a degree after a three years' course of at least eight months a year, instead of a two years' course of seven months a year, as previously, will be permitted to register as special students. The conditions for the admission of men who have never received a degree have also undergone a radical change in the requirement of a minimum age limit of twenty-one years for all such persons. Up to September, 1900, however, students may enter under the old rule.

The following changes have been made in the requirements for candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Laws. The minimum number of full courses in which a student must pass each year has been raised from three to four, and the right of taking examinations has been made conditional on regular attendance in the exercises of the school. The list of colleges and universities from which holders of degrees are entitled to enter the Law School without examination has been increased to include the following: Bachelors of Arts of Kansas, Wesleyan, Lawrence and Manhattan Universities, Bachelors of Science of Princeton University; and Bachelors of Philosophy of Western Reserve University. Seniors in Harvard College will not be allowed to register in the Law School.

The James Barr Ames Prize fund of three thousand dollars given in 1898 by Julian W. Mack, LL. B. '87, is mentioned in the pamphlet for the first time. "From the income a prize of not less than four hundred dollars shall be from time to time awarded for a meritorious essay or book on some legal subject." Mr. Mack also gave one hundred and fifty dollars towards the first Ames Prize of five hundred dollars, to be awarded in 1901.