Records for Library.

About sixty of the journals kept by instructors and undergraduates during March, for preservation in the Library, have now been handed in, and as many more will probably be ready within a month. Of the sixty about fifteen are by undergraduates. An interesting feature of the collection will be a large number of themes written on topics of the day by members of English courses given by Professor Hill, Professor Wendell and Assistant-professor Gardiner. The themes were deposited in the Library without being read, and will be kept with the other manuscripts until the chest is finally opened.

It is hoped that undergraduates will take an interest in the collection of photographs which is being formed to go with the journals. The two medals which are offered as prizes to all members of the University by the Camera Club are now on exhibition in Thurston's window. Near the edge of the medals is the inscription "Harvard Camera Club." Inside this is the representation of a camera, embossed on the metal, and the Latin inscription "Solem quis dicere falsum audeat." About one hundred and fifty pictures have already been received and all others must be in the hands of the Librarian by June 1.