Dr. Cameron Indicted.

Dr. Charles E. Cameron, who was charged with selling book-plates which had been stolen from the Gore Hall Library, was indicted yesterday before the Middlesex Superior Court.

During the winter, Dr. Cameron was given access to the shelves in the GoreHall Library, and about a month later it was found that a number of valuable book-plates had been removed. The matter was put into the hands of a detective who learned that Dr. Cameron had sold certain of the missing plates. At the same time, circulars were sent to many collectors of book-plates, requesting them to send to the Library any Harvard book-plates which might possibly have been among the stolen set. The response to this appeal was very ready. A large number of the stolen plates were recovered, and many were received which had not been stolen at all, but which had been sold from time to time.

The evidence against Dr. Cameron is purely circumstantial. He will probably attempt to prove that he obtained the plates by purchase from some one else. There are six counts in the indictment, three charging larceny and three receiving stolen property.