Princeton Enrolment.

The total enrolment of Princeton University in all departments is announced as 1249, showing an increase of 55 over the numbers registered last year. There are seven students in the Electrical School and 84 in the Graduate School. The total enrolment by classes in the academic and scientific departments is as follows: Seniors, 211; juniors, 264; sophomores, 269; freshmen, 348; special students, 66. The freshman class is larger by 57 men than the class that entered college in the fall of 1899.

Forty-five states and territories of the Union and 6 foreign countries are represented in the University. The representation from the southern and far western states has fallen off, and the increase in the enrolment has come chiefly through the larger numbers from New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

A comparison of the Princeton and Harvard figures shows the representation at Princeton to be relatively larger from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Wisconsin, Kentucky and some of the southern states.