FENCING TOURNAMENT TONIGHT

The First of a Series for the Team Championship of New England.

A fencing tournament will be held at the B. A. A. club house at 8 o'clock tonight between teams from the Harvard Fencers' Club, the B. A. A., and the fencers' clubs of Worcester and Providence. Eighteen bouts will be fought, under the rules of the Amateur Fencers' League of America. Each bout will last four minutes, and will be won by the man scoring the larger number of touches. The tournament to night will be the first of a series of four to be contested for by the Harvard. B. A. A., Worcester and Providence teams. The second tournament of the series will be held at Providence, the third at Worcester and the last in Boston or Cambridge.

Each team will be composed of three men. The Harvard team, as determined by the trials held in the gymnasium last night, will be made up of F. W. Hitchens 1M., R. M. Henderson '02, C. D. Burchenal '02, and F. W. Morrison 1G., substitute.

The trophy offered in the series is a bronze shield, indicative of the team championship of New England. The bouts to-night will be with foils, and the individual championships will be contested in the subsequent tournaments with sabres and duelling swords. Each team chooses a judge for the competitions, and the four judges thus chosen will select a fifth; the Harvard club has appointed H. Clapp, 1D.