Progress on the New Buildings.

The open weather of the winter thus far has been favorable to building operations, and most of the new buildings now being erected have made rapid progress within the last few weeks. The Union is most advanced. The slating of the roof is practically finished and the pavilion toward Harvard street is well under way. At the Architectural Building and the Stillman Infirmary the steel roof trusses are being placed. The outside masonry of both is nearly finished.

The Semitic Museum, which until recently was a more foundation, has progressed rapidly of late, and a large force of men is now at work there. The cut stone work of the basement and most of the brick up to the second floor have now been laid.

The addition to the University Museum shows little progress, owing to the fact that the interior has been receiving most of the attention of the builders. The floor frames are in place and the entrance has been built.

The Pierce Building on Holmes Field has now reached the level of the third floor on the south wing, and much of the work o' setting the frame, stone window and door casings, and other finish, has been accomplished.