Freshman Football Practice.

The Freshman football practice yesterday was shorter than usual and was devoted almost entirely to a practice game between the first and second elevens. The ball was given to the first eleven most of the time, and the men were frequently changed from one side to the other, to give them practice in both offensive and defensive play. The line-men showed little of their customary life and dash, and were unusually slow in following the ball. The backs on the first eleven played well together and succeeded in making good end runs, but nearly all of them were slow in starting and showed less interest in their work than usual.

Several changes, necessary because of injuries received in Saturday's game, were made in the line-up of both teams. Littig, who has been playing fullback, will be unable to play any more because of heart trouble, and Sard at tackle is out of the game temporarily, because of injuries received in the Exeter game. Leatherby, right halfback, who has been unable to play for several days owing to a severe thigh bruise, was out again yesterday and played during the first part of the practice.