LONG FOOTBALL PRACTICE.

First Eleven Scores Twice in a Thirty-five Minute Game.

The practice yesterday was longer than usual. The backs were out before 3 o'clock and practiced catching and running back punts and receiving puntouts. Putnam was tried at punting and did extremely well. Matthews and Marshall handled the kicks surely.

After the preliminary work the teams went through 20 minutes of sharp signal practice and then lined up for a 35 minute half the longest of the season.

In the line-up the second eleven showed up strongly and four times held the first for downs. Barnard and Lee played well in the line, opening good holes and helping the runners along. Graydon hurdled the line to good advantage and kept his feet well.

Lewis Haughton, J. Lawrence and Donald were out in football clothes and helped the second on the defense. Cranston, Moulton, Wrightington and Emmons assisted in the coaching. Ristine took part in the signal practice, but not in the line-up. Putnam, Randolph, Cutts and Bowditch were able to play in the line-up. Campbell did not play, but was out coaching the players.

Graydon ran the kick-off back 20 yards. By plays against tackle, the first advanced the ball to the 45 yard line. Short gains through center brought the ball to the 15 yard line and after three plays Putnam went over, for the first touchdown. On the next kick-off Gray. don advanced the ball 45 yards, but shortly afterward Dodge got the ball on a fumble. The second did not run its plays off smoothly and were held for downs. The first then advanced the ball to the 35 yard line where the second held them for downs. The second were unable to advance the ball, however, and the first secured it. By short gains through the line the first carried the ball to the 5 yard line, where again they were held for downs by the second. Boyd punted to the 40 yard line whence by steady gains through center the first advanced 20 yards, but were again held for downs. On a delayed pass Kernans ran 30 yards. Kerans gained 7 yards through the line, but the second was then forced to punt. The first carried the ball to the second's 30 yard line where for the fourth time they were held for downs. The first regained the ball on downs, and by steady bucking scored a touchdown, Mifflin carrying the ball over and kicking goal.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Bowditch, Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Morse, Holwill Cutts, Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Dodge Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Grew, Force Sargent, c.  c., King, Roberts Greene, Lee, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford, Donald Randolph, Wright O'Connell, l.t.  r.t., Fox J. Lawrence, Knowlton,   Haughton, Graydon Motley, l.e.  r.e., Percival, T ayer Marshall, Matthews, Baldwin, q.b.  q.b., Parker, E. B. Roberts Swann, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Kerans Putnam, Kernan, Mifflin, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Harrison, Switzer Graydon, Mifflin, f.b.  f.b., Boyd