Yale Football.

The work of the Yale football team last week was not as satisfactory as was expected. On Wednesday Amherst was beaten only 6 to 0, and there was some question as to the validity of Yale's touchdown. On Saturday Tufts, a very weak team, was allowed to score a touchdown on a fumble.

The faults of the team during the week have been traceable to general slowness. The line-men have not been quick enough in charging, and the backs have lost time in starting. Only straight rudimentary football has been used and an effort has been made to put an end to all the elementary general faults.

Little individual criticism can be made, as none of the men have had time to show their best efforts. In the line Glass has done the best work on both offense and defense, and appears to have a good hold on right guard. Behind the line Chadwick's ability to gain ground consistently makes him fairly sure of his place, and Ward's recently discovered ability to punt gives him the advantage of Wilhelm, who has been considered the most promising fullback. No other good back has been found. At quarter de Saulles seems to be the only man, although his work is not up to the usual standard. At the ends Gould and Rafforty are the only prominent candidates.