Juniors Defeat Seniors.

The Juniors defeated the Seniors in the first game of the class football series yesterday afternoon by the score of 6 to 5. The Juniors played much more as a team and were stronger on the defense, their line successfully stopping the tackles back formation of the Seniors. The Seniors made all of their gains around the ends and at one time in the first half by end runs, brought the ball to the Juniors' 5 yard line where, however, they were held for downs.

The Juniors kicked off in the first half, and the Seniors carried the ball to mid field by steady rushing. They lost the ball on downs on their 45 yard line. The Juniors, then, by successive plunges through the centre, slowly worked the ball down the field, and finally Bullivant was pushed over for a touchdown. Pier kicked a very close goal. On the kick-off Pier ran the ball back 30 yards, and 5 yards more was made around the Seniors' right end. Small gains were made by line plunges until the ball was carried to the Juniors' 45 yard line where it was lost on a fumble. On the next play R. Noyes ran around left end for 8 yards. Four yards were made around the opposite end, and by fast playing the Seniors rushed the ball to the Juniors' 15 yard line where time was called.

The Seniors kicked off in the second half. The Juniors again, by superior team play, rushed the ball to their own 20 yard line, where they were given 10 yards for offside play. On the next play they lost the ball on a fumble. Locke then kicked a brilliant goal from the field from the 30 yard line. After the kick-off the playing was in the Juniors' territory with little advantage for either team. Time was called a few minutes later.

The line-up:

Score--Juniors 6, Seniors 5. Touchdown--Bullivant. Goal from touchdown--Pier. Goal from field--Locke. Referee--E. T. Putnam '01. Umpire--C. Shea '04. Time--15 and 10 minute halves. 1902.  1903. Willis, l.e.  r.e., S. Noyes Metcalf, l.t.  r.t., Blaikie Hale, l.g.  r.g., Bigelow Carson, Champollion, c.  c., Loring Scott, r.g.  l.g., Rogers Platt, r.t.  l.t., Ayers Barnes, Emmons, r.e.  l.e., Ruhl Locke, q.b.  q.b., Pier R. Noyes, Burgess, Knowles, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Glidden Russe, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Bullivant Wiswell, f.b.  f.b., Foster