TEAM LEAVES TODAY.

Start from the Square at 4.05--Second Eleven Leaves Friday--The Practice.

The football team and substitutes will leave for Philadelphia this afternoon, starting from the square at 4.05. They will take the Fall River boat to New York and tomorrow they will go on to Philadelphia, where they will stop at the Walton House. On Friday practice will be held on Franklin Field through the courtesy of the University of Pennsylvania Athletic Association.

There will be light signal practice this afternoon from 2 to 3 o'clock. This practice will be secret, except for the last 10 minutes or so, which will probably be open.

The following players and coaches will leave this afternoon: Campbell, Cooper, Motley, Riggs, Barnard, Baldwin, Derby, Ristine, O'Connell, Knowlton, Wright, Lawrence, Cutts, Kernan, Graydon, Devens, Blagden, Greene, Clark, Burgess, Putnam, McGrew, Jones, Lee, Roberts, Sargent, Bowditch, Marshall, Mifflin, Meier, Knowles, Force, Reid, Lewis, Dibblee. Some time later, Haughton, Cabot, Garrison, Waters and Wrenn will go down.

THE PRACTICE YESTERDAY.

The practice yesterday was the last hard work for the team before the game with Pennsylvania. The work was heavy, but not as heavy as that on Tuesday. After the usual preliminary work, the teams went through signals for 15 minutes. Then the first and second elevens lined up for two halves of 25 and 10 minutes. In this work the second showed up strongly, holding the first twice for downs. The second scored once after being given the ball on the 15 yard line, but it took 12 downs to do this.

R. D. Wrenn, Lewis, Donald and Haughton were out in football clothes and coached; they were assisted by Wrightington, Cabot, B. H. Hayes, J. J. Hayes, Waters, and J. Upton.

Marshall ran the kick-off back 20 yards. The first then advanced the ball 65 yards for a touchdown on straight line plays, without fumbling. Blagden carried the ball over. The second eleven were then given the ball on the first's 15 yard line and in 12 downs managed to score a touchdown, Force carrying the ball over. The second were then given the ball on the 25 yard line, but the first held for downs. The first then lo-t 8 yards on a fumble and was held by the second. The first pu ted to the middle of the field and held the second for downs. The second again held the first, but the latter kept the ball and scored a touchdown through line plays, Blagden carrying the ball over.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Bowditch, Clark, r.e.  l.e., Morse, Percival Cutts, Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Dodge, Donald Barnard, Riggs, r.g.  l.g., Force, Davenport Sargent, c.  c., Lyon Lee, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford, Grew Bingden, l.t.  r.t., Fox, Donald Campbell, Cooper, l.e.  r.e., Thayer Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Baldwin Ristine, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Kerans, Taylor Mifflin, Derby, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Ives, Pettit Graydon, f.b.  f.b., Switzer, Parmelee