Harvard Wins Run with M. I. T.

Harvard defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in a five mile cross country run on Saturday by a score of 22 to 33, the sum of the places taken by the five members of each team.

During the first mile of the race the men kept well together and neither team seemed to have an advantage. During the second mile, however, Mills began to get a lead over the rest of the men, which he gradually increased during the remainder of the race. Gallagher, Hall and Pownall moved well up to the front, and Clark changed his position from ninth to seventh. In the last two miles the positions of the first three men remained unchanged. At the finish, with the exception of an exciting contest for third, fourth and fifth places, the men were well separated. Mills covered the course in 30 minutes and 16 seconds, which was very creditable time, as the roads were wet and muddy.

M. I. T. presented a banner to the winning team and medals to the first three men to finish.

The order in which the members of the Harvard team finished is as follows: E. W. Mills '02, first; W. W. Gallagher '04, third; J. H. Hall '03, fifth; W. A. Pownall '02, sixth; J. D. Clark '03, seventh.