Camera Club Exhibit.

The third annual exhibit of the Camera Club, in Brooks House, began yesterday. One hundred and eighty-seven pictures, or almost twice the number shown last year, are contributed, by twenty one members of the club. A distinct advance is also to be noted in the artistic merit of the photographs.

The first prize has been awarded to Monroe Buckley, 1L., for ten pictures mostly of mountain scenery. Numbers 24, "East Rock, New Haven;" 25, "The Franconia Notch;" 26, "Sunset on Mt. Lafayette;" and 28, 29 and 30, of Mt. Osceola and the Waterville Valley, are deserving of mention. The last two show striking cloud-shadow effects. Second prize is given to H. H. Ruston, 1G. His principal picture, "Morning," number 157, is an artistic view of a hillside pasture, with clumps of hard wood trees, and a hazy distance. "A Barnyard Study," number 154, and "Sheep" and "Firelight Study," numbers 161 and 163, are also very attractive.

Honorable mentions have been awarded to "Roping Hay," number 16, by F. Bonnet, Jr., 2G.; "The Old Mill," 32, and "The Last of the Mohegans," 33, by Julian Burroughs '01; "Marine," 41, and "Towing Out," 45,--a sketchy bit in sepia effect,--by H. W. Eliot '02; "Boats on Italian Lake," 90, by J. A. O'Reilly '02; "A Little Puritan," 109, and "Portrait: Miss H.," 110, by Professor Charles R. Sanger; "A Deserted Camp," 121,--a snow scene in the spruce woods,--by R. W. Shapleigh '02; and "On a City Yard," 145,--a picturesque pin-hole study by Mr. W. H. Tillinghmt

"The Chemical Face," number 20,--a composite of twelve advanced students in the Chemical Department,--is interesting. Some of the best pictures of the exhibition are shown by W. Babcock Swift '01, but were not entered in the competition. Of these, number 134, an enlargement entitled "In green pastures and by the still waters," is an English scene, showing two calves drinking from a pool beneath a spreading tree. A twilight effect pervades the picture. "The Frog Pond," 139, is another English scene, of unusual merit. "A Country Bridge," 138, "The Trout Brook," 142, and a portrait of John the Orangeman, 140, are worthy of special notice.

The pictures will be on exhibition throughout the week, from 10 a. m. to 9 p. m., except on Saturday, when the room will be closed at 6 p. m.