Diet Kitchen at Randall.

A diet kitchen was started last Fall in connection with Randall Hall, and over three hundred meals were sent out from it during the first half-year. Heretofore it has always been exceedingly difficult for men in the University to have proper meals sent to them when confined to their rooms by illness, and it has been practically impossible for the doctor in charge of a case to prescribe the diet of his patient. By the new system a considerable variety of the most wholesome foods is kept always on hand at Randall Hall, which can be sent out at notice.

Order slips have been issued, on which a list of the articles of food and their prices is printed. The doctor in charge of a case indicates on a slip what he wishes his patient to have for each meal, and the slip so marked and signed by the doctor's name is sent in to Randall Hall. The prices, which are somewhat higher than those charged for food in the regular dining room of Randall, cover the cost of sending the meals from the kitchen to college rooms.

Meals will be sent out, on a doctor's order, to any man in the University, whether or not he is a member of Randall Hall Association.