First Day of Spring Football.

Spring football practice began yesterday on Soldiers Field with a squad of nineteen men. The work was very light and lasted only an hour. For about twenty minutes most of the men practiced kicking while the centres and quarterbacks were coached in snapping the ball back by C. D. Daly '01. After this the men did some quick starting and falling on the ball, ending with a short run around the field.

The practice is not taken as an opportunity to judge the ability of the men or to improve the execution of the plays, but is intended to give the men who are not taking any other exercise a chance to get into good condition. Consequently the work will be very light and general.

The following men were out yesterday: Captain Campbell, L. Motley '02, S. H. Noyes '03, C. S. Sargent '02, L. J. Daly '03, E. V. R. Thayer '04, P. A. Carroll '02, J. S. Lawrence '01, O. F. Cutts 1L., J. W. Stedman '02, G. L. Jones '03, H. W. Bingham '03, C. W. Whitney '03, H. W. Locke '02, H. V. Gade '03, W. B. Emmons '04, F. R. Boyd '02, J. T. Jones '04, O. J. Ives '03.