BOTH RELAY RACES WON.

Harvard Wins Two and Four Mile Championships.--Races Well Contested.

Harvard won both the two and four mile relay championships at Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon; and Yale easily got first in the one mile. The day was a fine one for running and over 9,000 people attended the games.

THE TWO MILE RACE.

The two-mile relay was very close for the first mile, but after that was never in doubt. Drumheller of U. of P. set the pace in the first relay, but Behr passed him near the finish and came in five yards ahead. Klahr, of U. of P., quickly made up this distance, and beat out Applegate by two yards. Swan, however, came in first on the third relay, and gave Boynton a short lead, which he increased to about ten yards at the finish. Columbia came in second and Pennsylvania third. Time by half-miles: 1/2  1  1 1/2  2 2m. 3s.  4m. 8s.  6m. 11 1/5s.  8m. 14s.

THE FOUR MILE RACE.

The four-mile championship lay between Harvard, Pennsylvania and Cornell. At the end of the first relay Cornell and Pennsylvania had a lead of twelve yards over Foote. On the second mile Grant of U. of P. took the lead and finished twenty yards ahead of Cornell, with Knowles of Harvard some distance behind. Cornell finished first in the third mile, with Pennsylvania second and forty yards ahead of White. Clark started the last relay fifty yards behind the leader, and ran a strong race all the way, gaining gradually on the Cornell runner, whom he passed at the three-quarters mark. He caught Bushnell of U. of P. on the turn into the home stretch. The finish was a plucky spurt on the part of both men, Clark finishing two feet ahead. Time by miles: 1  2  3  4 4m. 44 1/5s.  9m. 25 4/5s.  14m. 5s.  18m. 45 2/5s.

THE ONE MILE RACE.

In the mile race Yale led at the end of the half-mile, and kept the lead throughout, Boardman winning over Mahoney by 25 yards, with Syracuse a good third. Time, 3m. 27 1/5s.

THE FOUR MILE RACE.

THE ONE MILE RACE.

THE ONE MILE RACE.