YALE DEFEATED AT GOLF.

Harvard Wins Final Round of Intercollegiate Tournament.

ATLANTIC CITY, N. J., May 8.--Harvard defeated Yale in the final round of the intercollegiate golf tournament here today, by a score of 13 points to 3 1-2, or 16 holes to 5. This gives Harvard permanent possession of the intercollegiate trophy given by the Ardsley Club in 1896.

With the exception of Averill, who is suffering with an injured eye, all of the Harvard players made remarkably good scores. Richardson and Hollins both made 84 in the morning's play, and in the afternoon Richardson went around in 83. Cheney, his opponent, made 85 in the morning and 82 in the afternoon. The present record for the course is 81, made by Frank Bohlen.

At the end of the morning's play Hollins was 4 up, Brown 4 up, Curtis 4 up, Richardson 1 up, Averill 3 up, and Lindsley 1 down, giving Harvard a total of 16 points to 1. In the afternoon Hollins was even, Brown 2 down, Curtis 3 up, Richardson even, Averill 8 down, and Lindsley 3 up.

The individual scores follow: Harvard.  Yale. Hollins,  3  Byers,  0 Brown,  2  Hitchcock,  0 Curtis,  4 1/2  Robertson,  0 Richardson,  1 1/2  Cheney,  0 Averill,  0  Myers,  3 1/2 Lindsley,  2  Stickney,  0 Totals,  13  3 1/2

The qualifying round in the individual championship, 18 holes, will be played tomorrow morning, sixteen best scores to qualify. The first round, 18 holes, will be played tomorrow afternoon, the second round Friday morning, the semifinals Friday afternoon, and the finals, 36 holes, on Saturday.