FOOTBALL SQUAD INCREASED.

Twenty New Men Out Yesterday.--Practice Not Yet Fast.

In response to the call for additional football candidates over twenty new men reported for practice yesterday. O. G. Frantz '02, and Blagden, Swann and Lewis of last year's squad came out. Hovey and Riggs did not practice because of slight injuries.

The preliminary work lasted about forty-five minutes. Lewis was not out, and Waters coached the linemen in blocking and breaking through. The two elevens were then formed and put through short signal practice, after which they were lined up on the university field.

Team B was given the ball, and through runs by Knowles and bucking by Devens advanced the ball 20 yards, where they failed to gain. Derby broke through the line for ten yards, but team A failed to gain further and Meier punted for 30 yards. On the next line-up Devens returned the punt. A failed to gain, and Meier again punted, this time for 35 yards Daly ran back the punt 10 yards. Substitutes were then put in, and after a short signal practice the teams lined up again in midfield. G. L. Jones and Campbell carried the ball to the 25 yard line, when a run by Campbell advanced the 20 yards. On the third down Booth scored a touch-down.

The line up: A  B Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Bowditch, Thayer Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Eaton Barnard, Jones, r.g.  l.g., Howe Greene, Sugden, c.  c., Sargent Rainsford, l.g.  r.g., Grew Graydon, Dodge, l.t.  r.t., Jones, Wright Hutchinson, l.e.  r.e., Littig, Motley Baldwin, Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Daly, S. Noyes Ives, G. L. Jones, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Piper, R. Noyes Derby, Campbell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Knowles, Kent Meier, Boyd, f.b.  f.b., Devens, McGrew