The Funeral of Mr. Hyatt.

At the funeral of the late Alpheus Hyatt on Saturday, a private service for the family was held at the house, conducted by Rev. B. R. Bulkeley of Beverly, a cousin of Mrs. Hyatt. The service at Appleton Chapel at 2 o'clock was conducted by the Rev. Mr. Bulkeley and Professor Francis G. Peabody. The College choir sang the hymn: "God of the living in whose eyes, Unveiled thy whole creation lies." Mr. Bulkeley read services from the Scriptures, concluding with some appropriate verses. Professor Peabody then offered prayer, after which the congregation sang the hymn of John Taylor, "Like shadows gliding o'er the plain." The body was taken to Mt. Auburn for cremation.

The following representatives acted as pall-bearers: President W. F. Warren, representing Boston University; Professor A. Lawrence Lowell, the M. I. T. Teachers' School of Science; Dr. C. S. Minot, Boston Society of Natural History; Mr. Samuel Henshaw, Museum of Comparative Zoology; Professor R. T. Jackson, Department of Paleontology, Harvard; Professor Charles E. Beecher, Department of Paleontology, Yale; Professor N. S. Shaler, Department of Geology; Professor E. S. Morse, Peabody Academy of Science; Professor A. S. Packard, Brown University; Professor W. M. Davis, American Philosophical Society; Mr. Edward H. Abbott, Thursday Evening Club; Professor John Trowbridge and Professor J. B. Thayer, American Academy of Arts and Sciences; Dr. J. L. Hildreth, Saturday Evening Club; Professor G. L. Goodale and Professor F. W. Putman, American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Academy of Science. There were also present several members of the Cambridge Company of which Mr. Hyatt was captain during the Civil War.