Yale Rowing Situation.

The rowing prospects at Yale this year are good, as five of last year's university crew and three of last year's four-oar are still in college. A number of promising men from last year's freshman crew are also expected to make a strong contest for positions in the university boat.

Candidates for the University eight will be called out next week and will be placed in class crews, from which later the university squad will be chosen. The coaching will be in charge of A. Cameron, Jr., '01, who stroked the Yale eight last year.

The following members of last year's university eight and four-oar have returned to college:

University eight--P. H. Kunzig 1L., 6; H. S. Hooker '02, 4; T. R. Johnson 2M., 3; R. Bogue '03, 2; C. B. Waterman 1L., bow. University four--T. R. Strong '03, stroke; B. C. Rumsey '02, 3; B. Hewitt '03, 2.

The most promising of the new candidates are C. Adams '04, S. G. Stubbs, Jr., 2L., C. S. Judson '03S., C. A. Weymouth B.C.L., B. Scott '04 and W. Cross '04.

The strength of the freshman crew material is still very uncertain. Ninety men responded to the call for candidates and have been working since the vacation in the tank under the coaching of members of last year's university crew.