The Museum Addition.

The Corporation has recently voted a sum of money for fitting up the addition to University Museum for the use of the Department of Geology and Geography. The laboratories will probably be ready at the beginning of the second half year, but the large lecture room on the first floor and the exhibition room on the third floor will not be fitted up for some time.

The new addition affords very much better facilities than the department has had heretofore, especially for laboratory work. The rooms in the other part of the museum, formerly used by this department, will in the future be used by the Department of Zoology, which has been greatly in need of additional space.

Geology 5 will be given in the new addition during the second half year with greatly improved laboratory facilities. Most of the courses in Climatology and in geological field work will also be given there. Each student in Geology will now have a separate table where his laboratory work will be carried on and his maps and specimens will be kept.

The well of the stairway in the addition affords excellent opportunity for repeating Foucault's celebrated experiment demonstrating the rotation of the earth, by means of swinging a long pendulum, the deflection of which from its plane shows the rotation of the earth. During the second half year this experiment will be tried.