SCRUB FOOTBALL SERIES.

Letter From Captain Kernan Explaining Rules and Condition.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

For the purpose of broadening active interest in football and giving every man in the University a chance to play football on a regularly organized team, cups will be given as trophies for the winning team of a scrub team series. In accordance with this idea, the following rules have been drawn up.

1. Any set of men, not Freshmen, who wish to compete as a team shall enter their names and that of their team and its captain in the blue-books at Leavitt & Peirce's and the Union.

2. Any such team shall not have more than five players from any one class team, nor more than six from all class teams.

3. Freshman teams will be appointed by the Freshman head coach from the Freshman material as fast as it is dropped.

4. Special arrangements shall be made for coaching the Freshman scrub teams, and no man by being assigned to such a team shall be considered as no longer a candidate for the regular Freshman team.

5. Any man not on a team shall be assigned to one directly after entering his name under "Individual Players" in the blue-books at Leavitt & Peirce's and the Union.

6. University squad players shall not be eligible.

7. No graduate or student in the graduate schools ineligible or unwilling to play on the University team will be eligible for a scrub team. Men ineligible to play on account of the one year residence rule are not included, and may play.

8. After the first game of the series, no member of any team may become a member of any other team.

9. All arrangements relating to schedules, fields, officials and lockers shall be under the direction of A.H. Weed, manager of the series.

10. Balls will be supplied by the management only for games.

11. The scrub team schedule shall be finished before November 1, and the class teams, except the Freshmen, shall not organize before that date.

12. This organization will be known as the "Harvard University Scrub Football Series."

13. Teams and individuals may sign until Saturday, October 18, at 4 o'clock. R. P. KERNAN.