INTERCOLLEGIATE GOLF TEAM.

Leaves Today.--List of Men Chosen.--Schedule of Tournament.

The University golf team, which will compete in the intercollegiate tournament at the Morris Country links next week, has been picked and will consist of Hollins, H. C. Egan, Murdock, Winston, Brown and W. E. Egan. The substitute position will be decided today between Riker and Chick. The men will leave for Morristown today.

H. B. Hollins '04, who will play first on the team, was No. 1 on the winning team in the tournament at Atlantic City in May 1901. In the finals of the team match that year he beat E. M. Byers, Yale 1902, who last summer defeated Travis in the national championship.

H. C. Egan '05 played No. 6 on the intercollegiate team last spring. This summer he won the western championship from W. E. Egan '05 who was No. 4 on last year's team, and who was runner-up in the national championship in 1901.

A. M. Brown '03, captain and present University champion, played No. 2 on the team in 1901 and No. 1 on the team last year.

G. O. Winston '04 is the only new member of the team. Four years ago he was interscholastic champion of New York, having defeated Hollins in the finals.

The chances of beating Yale and Princeton this year are fairly good, because every member of the team has had plenty of experience. H. C. Egan, Hollins and Murdock have done well during the summer and Winston has been playing brilliantly during the past three weeks. Brown and W. E. Egan on the other hand have not been playing well enough to entitle them to first positions on the team, but should be counted on to win their matches at Nos. 5 and 6.

The schedule of the intercollegiate tournament is as follows: The preliminary round comes on Tuesday, October 21, and the finals on the following day, each 36 holes.

On Thursday morning comes the qualifying round for the individual championship in which all the members and substitutes of the five teams entered will compete. The finals, 36 holes, will be played on Saturday, October 25.