OVERSEERS' FRANCHISE BILL

Approved by Overseers and Will Become Law.--Medical School Board.

At a special meeting of the Board of Overseers on Wednesday it was decided that the franchise for voting for Overseers may be extended.

At present the franchise is limited, by an act of the Legislature, to graduates of the College proper. The Legislature, however, passed another act last March which, when it met their approval, would give the President and Fellows and the Board of Overseers the power three years after such approval to admit to franchise graduates from any department of the University. The President and Fellows having already given their approval, the vote on Wednesday means that the Overseers likewise have given their consent and that the act of the Legislature now becomes a law. Beginning with October 15, 1905, therefore, the President and Fellows and Board of Overseers may extend the franchise if they so desire.

It was also voted at this meeting to concur with the President and Fellows in their votes appointing the following members of the administrative board for the Medical School for 1902-1903; W. L. Richardson '64, M.D.; Dean John C. Warren '63, M.D., LL.D.; E. S. Wood '67, M.D.; F. C. Shattuck '68, M.D.; W. F. Whitney '71, M.D.; C. M. Greene M.D.; C. Harrington '78, M.D.; F. Dexter, M.D. and F. B. Mallory '86, M.D.