SECRET PRACTICE MONDAY

Two More Days of Open Work.--First Eleven Scores Four Times.

This afternoon and tomorrow will be the last days on which the members of the University and the public will be allowed to see the University football practice on Soldiers Field, as secret practice will begin next Monday.

Three former players, members of the graduate coaching squad, played in the line of the second team yesterday afternoon and gave the men on the University eleven some valuable practice. They were J. Lawrence '01, tackle on the 1900 team, W. A. M. Burden '00, captain and right guard on the 1899 eleven, and G. W. Bouve '98, guard in 1897. E. T. Putnam 2G., a prominent candidate for half-back last year, joined the squad, but did not take part in the scrimmage; his reappearance as a candidate greatly increases the chances for a strong backfield. An accident, however, that has been feared for sometime and will indirectly weaken the team, occurred yesterday when Daly's leg was injured. The extent of the hurt is not yet known, but should it prove great, it will leave the eleven without a suitable substitute for the quarterback position. Graydon was again used in the line-up, but only for a short time.

The game between the first and second teams lasted longer than usual and four touchdowns were scored. The playing was very crude, with ragged interference and considerable fumbling. Quicker starting, however, was noticeable and the backs kept their feet better while advancing the ball. Three of the touchdowns were made on straight rushing and one on a kick blocked behind the second team's goal line. The longest run was made by Coburn who secured the ball on a quarterback kick at the center of the field and reached the 10 yard line before he was caught by Trott. The line-ups follow: Jones, Matthews, l.e.  r.e., Crocker, Sawyer, Macdonald Shea, Bleakie, l.t.  r.t., Oveson, J. Lawrence, Lehmann Marshall, Hovey, l.g.  r.g., Wilder, Burden, Bouve King, Lyon, c.  c., Sugden Barnard, Coburn, r.g.  l.g., Whitwell, Force Knowlton, Mills, r.t.  l.t., Fox Bowditch, Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Goodhue, Montgomery, Littig, O'Connell Marshall, Daly, Elkins, q.b.  q.b., Noyes Kernan, Knowles, Piper, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Ives, Leonard Hurley, McGlensey, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Harrison, Randall, Mook, Trott, Dodge Graydon, Meier, f.b.  f.b., Schoellkopf, Ives