Sociedad Espanola Meeting.

The Sociedad-Espanola will hold its first meeting of the year in the Assembly Room of the Union tomorrow evening at eight o'clock. This society, parallel in its purposes and nature to the Cercle Francais, was organized in the fall of 1900 to encourage the study of the Spanish language and literature, and its meetings are intended chiefly to give members opportunity for conversational practice. Membership is elective, and is confined to those who have had at least one course in Spanish at the University or an equivalent amount of Spanish elsewhere.

During the current year meetings will be sheld every third week in the Union, and at each one some person prominent in literary or political circles will address the club; the addresses will be followed, as formerly, by an informal reception and light refreshments. During the winter the club will probably give a public performance of one of the best of Calderon's plays, "El Alcalde de Zalamea."

Senor Laureanco Cortes, newly appointed Cuban consul to Boston, will be present at the meeting tomorrow night; all men in the University interested in Spanish are invited to attend.