Freshmen, 29; M. I. T. 1906, 0.

The Freshmen defeated the M. I. T. freshmen on Soldiers Field yesterday in a one-sided game, by the score of 29 to 0. Although winning by a large score, the Harvard team played a loose game, and fumbled repeatedly. The attack was for the most part slow, and the gains through the line were made simply by superior weight, while the interference was so lifeless as to be a check rather than a help to the runner. The defense however, showed improvement; but; although no gains were made through the line, the ends were several times boxed for long gains, and the whole team had a tendency to off-side play. Nichols played a fast, steady game, making three touchdowns on end runs, and showing up well on the defense. Hodges's punting and goal-kicking, and Whitman's work in running down under punts were also good.

The Freshmen kicked off to Technology, and, getting possession of the ball on a fumble, scored on two short dives in less than three minutes of play. Three more touchdowns were made in the first half on Technology's fumbles and long end runs by Nichols.

In the second half Technology played a stronger game, and held the Freshmen down to one touchdown, which was made by Hodges on a 35 yard run. The constant fumbling of the team prevented more scoring, though Technology's goal was several times in danger. Just before time was called, Metcalf tried a drop-kick goal, but was unsuccessful.

The line-ups: FRESHMAN  M. I. T. 1906. Whitman, r.e.  l.e., Taylor Gill, Kerr, r.t.  l.t., Scannel Pell, r.g.  l.g., Henderson Sloane, c.  c., Bretzke Carrick, Frye, l.g.  r.g., Knapp, Armstrong Paul, l.t.  r.t., Williams Wilder, Griffin, l.e.  r.e., Redding Metcalf, q.b.  q.b., Talbot, Smith Hodges, Taylor, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Kelley Nichols, Means, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Van Amringe Hogg, f.b.  f.b., Geist, Knapp

Score-Freshmen, 29; Technology 1906, 0. Touchdowns-Nichols 3, Hodges 2. Goals from touchdowns-Hodges 4. Referee-L. J. Daly '03. Umpire-B. Wendell, Jr., '02. Linesmen-Burden and Newhall of Harvard and Blake of M. I. T. Time-15 minute halves.