Interclass Debating Plans.

The Senior Wranglers have submitted the following subject for the Senior-Junior debate on December 10: "Resolved, That trusts are a beneficial outgrowth of economic conditions in this country."

The trial to select the Senior team will be held on Monday evening, November 17, at a time and place to be announced later, and will consist of eight-minute speeches. Every Senior who wishes to compete must leave his name at Matthews 8 before 12 on Saturday.

If there are a large number of entries two trials will be held to select the Junior team: the first on Monday, November 17, the second on Thursday, November 20, both in Harvard 1, at 7 o'clock. In case two trials are held each man will be allowed to speak five minutes at the first trial; six men will be retained and will make eight-minute speeches at the second trial. If the number of entries is small the trial on Monday evening will consist of eight- minute speeches and will be final. The names of all men who wish to compete for the Junior team must be left at Holworthy 21 before 11 o'clock Saturday, November 15.

The subject submitted by the Sophomores for the Sophomore-Freshman debate is: "Resolved, That the attitude of the United States as defined by the Monroe Doctrine with regard to territory in the western hemisphere should be continued."

Trials to select the Sophomore team will be held in Harvard 6 at 7 o'clock, Monday, November 17 and Thursday, November 20. The first trial will consist of five-minute speeches and six men will be retained. For the second trial these men will be divided by lot into sides and will conduct a regular debate. The names of all men who wish to compete must be left at 28 Thayer by Monday. November 17, at 10 o'clock.

The Freshman trials will be held in Sever 11 at 7 o'clock on Monday. November 17 and Thursday, November 20. At the first trial each man will be allowed to speak five minutes, six men will be retained and allowed to speak ten minutes at the second trial. Names of men wishing to compete at this trial must be left at the CRIMSON Office by 11 o'clock Monday morning, November 17. Any member of a class may compete for his class team whether or not he is a member of the class debating club.