Open Practice Today From 3.10 to 3.30. Parade From Union at 2.30.

This afternoon there will be a parade of all members of the University to the last practice of the eleven. The parade will leave the Union at 2.30 and the Band will lead. On Soldiers Field there will be cheering and singing at this last occasion to see the team play before it leaves for New Haven. From 3.10, when play will begin, the practice will be open until 3.30, when the field will be cleared and the eleven given secret practice. Tonight the team will sleep in the Stillman Infirmary, in order that the men may be assured of quiet; tomorrow morning the team will leave for the Pequot Club, at New Haven Bay.

Tonight at 7 o'clock there will be a reception for the team at the Union. The songs will be sung and speeches will be made by Captain Kernan, Head-coach Farley, Coach Lewis, Major Higginson, and probably Mr. E. J. Wendell. R. Derby '03 will preside.

The great improvement which has taken place in the work of the eleven during the past few days was especially evident in the practice yesterday. There was some unusually fast playing, and at the end of the two halves against the second team, seven touchdowns had been scored. The men gave reason to believe that they can respond fully in a crisis and put more fierceness into their work than they have exhibited at any time before. Even though the final game will be played so soon, the power shown by the team yesterday was enough to encourage the belief that the team has the ability and the spirit to bring its work to a successful issue.

At the end of the long scrimmage the men were all in good condition and ready for their last practice, which occurs today. There was hardly any fumbling during the play and but few other faults were noticeable. Most of the gains were at least 5 yards in length and a number were considerably longer. Kernan frequently circled the ends for advances of from 10 to 20 yards, and Putnam made one run of 45 yards which nearly ended in a touchdown. Knowlton and Mills were used a great deal in line plunging, and it was by their steady gaining that many of the scores were made possible.

Four of the touchdowns were made in the first half and all of them were the result of rushes which extended over almost the entire length of the field. The second eleven kicked off in every instance and after end plays had brought the ball to the centre of the field, the tackle-back formation was used for the rest of the distance to the goal line. Just before time was called in the first half, several punts by Kernan worked the ball down close to the second team's goal and gave Marshall an opportunity to try a goal from placement on a fair-catch. Marshall missed this goal by a narrow margin but succeeded in kicking a number of others after the touchdowns.

In the second half, Graydon broke through and blocked a kick; he picked up the ball and ran about 20 yards for the fifth touchdown of the afternoon. The last score was made when another punt by the second team was blocked within 45 yards of the goal and after a few rushes the ball was forced across the line. The line-up of the two teams was as follows: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Mills, l.e.  r.e., Macdonald, Aydelotte Shea, l.t.  r.t., Sawyer Barnard, l.g.  l.g., Coburn Sugden, c.  c., Carrick, Force, Lyon A. Marshall, r.g.  l.g., Wilder Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Dodge, Fox Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Randall, Motley C. Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Parker Kernan, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Ives Putnam, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Leonard, Goodhue Graydon, f.b.  f.b., Schoellkopf