ASSIGNMENT OF YARD ROOMS.

Only Undergraduates Allowed to Apply. Rule for Seniors.

After consideration of the report recently made by the Committee on the Assignment of Rooms in College Buildings, the Corporation has decided to make the following changes in the rules governing the assignment of rooms:

Until further notice undergraduates in the College and the Scientific School will have preference in the assignment of all rooms in the Yard and students in the last year of their undergraduate standing in either of these departments will not be allowed to re-engage their rooms, even though they may intend to remain in the University as students in professional schools. In the assignment of rooms in Stoughton, Holworthy and Weld Halls the preference will be given to Seniors in Harvard College and to students of equivalent standing in the Scientific School. The detailed working of these changes is defined by the following paragraphs in the forthcoming issue of the University Catalogue, under the heading "Assignment of College Rooms for 1903-04".

"Students living in buildings inside the College Yard, who intend to be undergraduates in the College or in the Scientific School during the academic year 1903-04; and all students living in College buildings outside the Yard, who intend to be students in any department of the University during the academic year 1903-04, may engage for that year the rooms which they now occupy by signing new room-agreements and leaving them at the Bursar's office between March 21 and March 31, inclusive. Holders of academic degrees will not be considered as undergraduates, even though registered as such, in the assignment of rooms in the Yard."

"In the assignment of rooms inside the Yard, preference will be given to applicants who will be undergraduates in the College or in the Scientific School during the academic year 1903-04; and for rooms in Stoughton Hall, Holworthy Hall, and Weld Hall, preference will be given to applicants who will be members of the Senior class in the College, or of equivalent rank in the Scientific School, during the academic year 1903-04."