Items from Athletic Report.

The report of the Graduate Manager of Athletics for the fiscal year ending August 31, 1902, has been published in full in the Graduates' Magazine for December. The report shows that there is need of a large number of improvements which cannot be made because of lack of funds. The seats on the football field are totally inadequate and new ones should be built; new fields for baseball and tennis, and new equipment for both of the boat houses are needed.

The plan devised two years ago to give H. A. A. ticket holders the privilege of attending all home athletic games, except the football game with Yale and of joining either of the boat clubs, has met with the approval of the College, and the attendance at the athletic games has increased at least twenty per cent. The old system of having the University training tables scattered has been abolished, and the various tables have been brought together at the Union. This plan has been most successful, except from a financial point of view.

The north-east end of Soldiers Field, covering about four acres, has been graded and sodded and will give room for additional baseball fields or tennis courts. It would probably be wise to build new courts on Soldiers Field, as the old ones, thirty-five in number, do not meet the demand, and fifty more could easily be used.