THE STILLMAN INFIRMARY.

Open Next Month.--Description of the Building.

The Stillman Infirmary is now completed and almost furnished and will be opened sometime during March. Mr. James Stillman of New York presented the building, which has cost about $100,000, to the University.

The architects, Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge, of Boston, designed the Infirmary in the colonial style, providing for the use of red brick and limestone as material. In every respect the building is perfectly adapted to its purpose, in location, in design and in equipment. It will accommodate from twenty-five to thirty-five patients.

The interior of the building is finished in dark stained oak and white painted plaster. To make it impossible for any dust to accumulate there are no corners in the building; the usual angles have been rounded off. The heating and ventilation system is of the newest and most efficient type, and provides for freeing the air from all dust by taking it through cheesecloth. The building is heated by hot-air, except for the corridors which are heated by steam and hot water radiators.

In the basement, besides the heating and ventilation plant, there is a large dining room and a large laundry.

On the first floor there is a suite of rooms for the matron, including a bedroom and office, a dining room for the nurses and an operating room. There are also three private bedrooms.

On the second floor are three more private bedrooms and a large and well lighted ward, at present containing eight beds. All the bedrooms and the wards are furnished with open grates.

The third floor is like the second. The fourth is divided into small rooms for the use of nurses and servants.

Students making use of the Infirmary will be attended either by the College doctor or by any physician they may select. No students with contagious diseases will be admitted. Miss Esther Dart, a graduate nurse who has had several years of experience in hospital management, has been engaged as matron. The details about the management of the Infirmary and the charges which will be made to students have not yet been decided upon.