DEBATING TEAM CHOSEN.

Harvard to Support the Affirmative of Question in Yale Debate.

The final trial for the team to represent the University in the annual debate with Yale was held last night and resulted in the selection of A. A. Ballantine '04, J. H. Holmes '02, and G. M. G. Nichols sL. The Coolidge prize of one hundred dollars for the best individual work during all three trials was awarded to J. H. Holmes '02. The coach, who has not yet been selected, will pick the alternate from the following men who compose the second team: W. H. Pitkin '02, G. Bettman '02 and H. K. Stockton '03.

Harvard will support the affirmative of the question: "Resolved, That the immigration of Chinese laborers to our insular possessions should be prohibited by law." The judges last night were Senator F. W. Dallingdr '93, A. P. Stone '93, I. L. Winter '86, H. B. Huntington '97 and R. C. Bolling 3L.

The trial on the whole was above the average for final trials for University teams. The main speeches were strongly presented, but the rebuttal was mainly repetition and did not show careful scrutiny in selection. In most cases the men spoke too rapidly and indistinctly.