NEW AIDS ESTABLISHED.

The President and Fellows have established from the Nelson Robinson, Jr., Memorial Fund the Nelson Robinson, Jr., Travelling Fellowship in Architecture, of the annual value of $1000, to be held for one year, and to be awarded annually until further notice. The holder of the Fellowship must not be more than twenty-six years old at the time of his appointment. The Fellowship is open for competition to Bachelors of Science in architecture who have taken the degree with distinction or who have completed with distinction a year of graduate study in architecture at the University. The selection among those admitted to candidacy will be made on the results of a competitive examination in the history of architecture and in design, to be held in Cambridge in the month of April of each year. Each candidate will be examined on a special period to be selected by him in advance and notice of choice must be sent to the Professor of Architecture at least thirty days before the examination.

Applications must be sent to the Chairman of the Committee on Fellowships and other Aids for Graduate Students before the first day of January of the year in which the candidates expect to present themselves for examination. The candidate who receives the Fellowship will be required to spend at least one year in travel and study in Europe under the general direction of the Professor of Architecture and will be required to make reports embodying the results of his study.

The award will be made on the nomination of the Department of Architecture, acting in co-operation with the members of the Committee on Fine Arts appointed by the Board of Overseers. In view of the establishment of this Travelling Fellowship, the Austin Fellowship in Architecture is withdrawn.

The Corporation has also recently established two Austin Resident Scholarships in Architecture, each with an income of three hundred dollars, setting apart for this purpose a portion of the income received by the University under the will of the late Edward Austin. These Scholarships are open to Bachelors of Science in architecture who wish to spend a year in advanced study in architecture at the University. They will be awarded by the President and Fellows on nomination of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

An Austin Resident Scholarship in Landscape Architecture of the annual value of three hundred dollars has also been established from the same fund.

Applications for these Resident Scholarships for 1902-3 must be in the hands of Dean Wright, Chairman of the Committee on Scholarships, not later than May 1