MUNICIPAL LEAGUE MEETINGS.

The National Municipal League will begin its eighth annual meeting and tenth national conference this afternoon at the Twentieth Century Club in Boston. The meeting will last until Friday night, and has for its object the promotion of better city government throughout the United States.

Among the numerous speakers are many men connected with Harvard, the more prominent of whom are given below.

This afternoon at 2 o'clock Mr. James J. Myers '69 will make an address of welcome on behalf of the Governor of Massachusetts, and Mr. J. C. Carter '50 will reply as President of the National Municipal League.

This evening at 8 o'clock Mr. C. J. Bonaparte '71, of Baltimore will speak on "The Movement for Honest Government." Mr. Bonaparte is one of the leading reformers in the country. He is chairman of the Executive Council of the National Civil Service Reform League and chairman of the Executive Committee of the National Municipal League.

Tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock in the rooms of the Twentieth Century Club. Mr. Lawrence of Boston will speak on "The City as a Business Corporation."

Tomorrow evening Mr. James C. Carter '50 will make his annual Presidential address in Huntington Hall at 8 o'clock. Hon. Charles Francis Adams '88 will preside.

On Friday both the morning and afternoon sessions will be held in Cambridge. The delegates and their wives have been invited by the Corporation to take luncheon in the Faculty Rooms of University Hall. They will also visit Craigie House at the invitation of Miss Alice W. Longfellow, and Radcliffe College, at the invitation of Dean Irwin. At the morning session which will be held in Pierce Hall at 10 o'clock, Hon. E. A. Philbin, former District Attorney of New York, will speak on "A Non-Partisan Administration," and Professor J. H. Beale of the Law School on "Charter Legislation in New England." Dr. Albert Shaw, editor of the Review of Reviews will speak on "The New York Situation."

At the meeting in Sanders Theatre in the afternoon at 3 o'clock, President Eliot will preside. Mr. Charles J. Bonaparte '71, and Professor A. B. Hart will both make a brief address. Mr. Horace E. Deming '71, who is chairman of the committee of the Municipal Programme of the National Municipal League will also speak. Both the meetings in Cambridge will be open to the University. In the evening a dinner will be given to the delegates at the Hotel Brunswick. Mr. Alfred Hemenway will act as toastmaster.