State Tennis Tournament.

The seventh annual lawn tennis tournament for the championship of Massachusetts will be held on Saturday and Monday, June 16 and 18, on the grounds of the Longwood Cricket Club.

The championship has been won in every previous year by a Harvard man. In '94 and '95, it was held by F.H. Hovey L. S. '93; in '96 by R. D. Wrenn '95; in '97, by Holcombe Ward '00; in '98 by L. E. Ware '99; and in '99 by M. D. Whitman '99, who will be called upon to defend the title against the winner of this year's tournament.

The tournament will be played on grass courts. Prizes will be awarded to the winner of the tournament and to the winner of the championship match. Play will begin on Saturday at 2 p. m., and will continue on Monday at 10 a. m. All except the challenge match will be for the best two in three sets, the third only being advantage. The challenge match will be for the best three in five advantage sets.

Entries will be received up to 4 p. m., Friday, June 15, by P. E. Presbrey, Secretary, Longwood Cricket Club, P. O. box 2337, Boston, to whom also, all communications in regard to the tournament should be addressed. An entrance fee of $1.00 must accompany each entry.