Civil Service Examinations.

The United States Civil Service Commission announces the following-named scientific and technical examinations to be held on April 19, 1904, at the places marked D in the Manual of Examinations: aid, Coast and Geodetic Service; civil and electrical engineer, Philippine Service; civil engineer, Philippine Service; civil engineer and draftsman; architectural computer (Supervising Architect's Office); computer, Nautical Almanac Office; computer, Naval Observatory; deck officer, Coast and Geodetic Survey; topographic draftsman (Land Office Service); library assistant; manual training teacher; trained nurse, Philippine Service.

As the Commission has experienced considerable difficulty in securing eligibles for the positions named, qualified persons are urged to enter the examination. Those examinations will be held in order to establish eligible registers to fill existing vacancies and vacancies as they may occur from time to time.

Persons who desire to compete should at once apply to the United States Civil Service Commission, Washington, D. C., for a copy of the Manual of Examinations and the necessary forms of application.