Enthusiastic Football Meeting.

The football mass-meeting in the Union last night was large and enthusiastic.

J. A. Burgess '04 presided. The first speaker was coach W. H. Lewis L.'95, who said that the prospects for a strong team this year are as good as they have ever been, and that what is needed now is enough hearty and fearless college spirit to induce undergraduates to go to games and daily practice, and to cheer the team with some confidence.

B. Wendell '02 also spoke briefly. He said that the work of the 1901 eleven, which ended the season by defeating Yale, 22 to 0, was up to the West Point game no better than that of this year's team in the last two or three games. A successful outcome of the season can be secured this year, as in 1901, by the University standing back of the team through thick and thin. Men who take enough intelligent interest in the team to follow the practice closely will feel some personal satisfaction in a victorious ending of the year.

After the speaking, O. G. Frantz '03 led cheers for the team, Captain Marshall and Coach Cranston.

"On to Victory," Up the Street," "Down with Yale," and "Veritas" were rehearsed, led by the Glee Club, and the meeting closed with the singing of "Fair Harvard."