FAST PLAY IN PRACTICE.

University Eleven Scored Three Touch-downs.--Team in Good Condition.

The work of the University eleven in practice yesterday afternoon was fast and effective. A noticeable improvement in team play resulted in several long gains and the scoring of three touchdowns against the second. The first and second elevens each fumbled once, but in neither case did the fumble result in the loss of the ball.

One of the most encouraging features of the practice was the fact that all but three of the men who played in Saturday's game were in condition for hard practice. Robinson was not out on account of a slight injury to his knee, and Bowditch and Hanley were each given a rest, neither lining up in the scrimmage. But with these exceptions all of the men in Saturday's game stood the hard practice in good condition and many of the plays were run off with unusual speed and alacrity. Mercer, of the second eleven, however, received an injury to his leg that will probably keep him out of the game for the rest of the season.

The first kicked off and after obtaining the ball from the second on downs. Schoellkopf was quickly pushed over for a touchdown. The second returned the next kick-off by a punt to the centre of the field, where C. B. Marshall received the ball and by a long run scored a touchdown.

The second then kicked off and after a series of short rushes Le Moyne punted to the second's 10-yard line. The second returned the ball by punting to the centre of the field where the first received it and after carrying it steadily down the field by a number of long gains, Hurley was pushed over for a touchdown.

The second was then given the ball near the centre of the field and on a fake kick Leonard made a run of 40 yards eluding both C. B. Marshall and Nichols before being finally downed.

After the regular scrimmage the second eleven was lined up against, the first eleven substitutes. The substitutes were fresh and had little difficulty in pushing the second steadily down the field. Sugden was particularly effective against Carrick.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Le Moyne, Montgomery, l.e.  r.e., Shurtleff Parkinson, l.t.  l.t., Meier Bleakie, l.g.  r.g., Pell Wilder, c.  c., Carrick A. Marshall, r.g.  l.g., McFaddon Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Lehmann, Mercer Clothier, Montgomery, r.e.  l.e., Blagden C. Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Leonard Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b. Kent Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Cruger Schoellkopf f.b.  f.b., Sperry