INTERCOLLEGIATE TENNIS.

Bishop and Prentice are Left in the Singles.

The twenty-second annual tournament of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association will begin today on the courts of the Merion Cricket Club, Haverford, and will continue for several successive days. Daily play will last from 10 to 2.30, with an intermission for lunch. All of the leading colleges wil be represented by four men in the singles and two double teams. The cup for the intercollegiate championship, offered by the Merion Cricket Club, will become the property of the college first winning seven points, a victory in either the singles or doubles counting one point.

The championship last year was won by F. B. Alexander of Princeton in the singles, and by H. A. Plummer and S. L. Russell of Yale in the doubles. Princeton will be well represented also this year by Larned and Wright. Swain, Geylin, Oliver and Colket have been picked for Pennsylvania's team. Colket is the only one who played in the intercollegiate tournament last year. For Yale, H. A. Plummer is the strongest player.

The Harvard team this year will be greatly strengthened by W. J. Clothier '04, who won the Longwood tournament in July by defeating W. A. Larned, the national champion, in the challenge match. E. W. Leonard '03, and W. S. Warland '03, who played last year, are reliable players also.