Basketball Begins November 23.

Candidates for the University and class basketball teams will begin practice on Monday, November 23.

Class squads will immediately be formed, and captains appointed in preparation for the class games which will take place this year earlier than usual, owing to the long season. The dates for the class games are: November 30, Freshmen vs. Sophomores; December 1, Juniors vs. Seniors; December 2, final game for championship. Cups, as usual, will be awarded to the winning team.

Following the class games, the University squad will begin work and a training table will be started. The first game of the season will be played with Dartmouth at Hanover, on December 16. On the western trip, which will come during the Christmas recess, Harvard will play Cornell, Pennsylvania, and probably other teams. Owing to the long schedule this year, caused by taking Pennsylvania into the league, the only outside game thus far scheduled is with Holy Cross on January 30.

The prospects for a good team this year are very favorable, as the services of a professional coach are to be obtained for the whole season. W. L. Hanavan '03, and T. W. Gilles 2L., head coach last year, will also assist in the coaching.

The members of last year's team who have returned are as follows: H. B. Bigelow '04 (captain), C. W. Randall '05, J. F. Henderson '05, K. Smith '05, and M. M. Grant '06. There are also a number of capable substitutes.