Results of Singles Races Yesterday.

The preliminary heats of the races for single sculls, compromises and wherries, and the final heat of the compromises were rowed yesterday afternoon. For the single scull race the course was one mile down-stream from the Arsenal street bridge in Watertown; the course for the compromises and wherries was from a point just below the Stillman infirmary down to the University Boathouse.

The winners of the heats were as follows:

Single Sculls--First heat, E. E. Smith 1L.; second heat, M. King, Jr., '04; third heat, L. G. Brooks 2L.; fourth heat, O. D. Filley '06.

Compromises--First heat, A. W. Locke '05; second heat, G. T. Otis '04; final heat, won by S. H. Bruce '05; G. T. Otis '04, second.

Wherries--First heat, J. W. Russell '06; second heat, A. B. Taylor '04.

This afternoon at 4 o'clock, the final heats for the single sculls and wherries will be rowed up stream over the same courses as were used yesterday. The drawings for positions will be made just before the races.

Officials in the single scull race will be as follows: judge, H. B. Webster '05; starter, R. Foster '04; in the wherry race: judges, M. H. Toy '04, and N. Wigglesworth '05; starter, H. C. de Rham '04.