FINAL WEEK COMMENCED.

Only Two More Hard Practice.--All But Two Players in Good Condition.

With the exception of Meier and LeMoyne, who were slightly injured in Saturday's game, all the members of the University eleven are in good physical condition, and were out for practice yesterday.

The team's work consisted only of light signal practice, with the following line-up: l.e., Clothier; l.t., Shea; l.g., Carroll; c., Parkinson; r.g., A. Marshall; r.t., Knowlton; r.e., Bowditch; q.b., C. B. Marshall; l.h.b., Nichols; r.h.b., Hurley; f.b., Schollkopf.

The principal object of the practice this week will be to prepare the team physically for its final game. Today and tomorrow scrimmage practice will be held with the second team, and this will complete the more severe work of the eleven. On Thursday the University will probably be given a last opportunity to see the practice. The work on Friday will consist only of running through signals.

In a rather uninteresting 20 minute line-up yesterday the substitutes scored two touchdowns against the second team. On account of the wet field and slippery ball the playing was very ragged. The substitutes got the first kick-off back as far as the 20-yard line and from there rushed the ball with good gains for 70 yards, finally losing it on the second's 20-yard line. After only two plays, the second punted and Noyes got the ball in the middle of the field. From there the substitutes took the ball straight down the field, Derby scoring the touchdown on a tackle-back formation. Noyes failed to kick goal. The second team received the next kick-off and rushed the ball to its own 28-yard line from where, after a double exchange on downs, the ball was forced down the field for a second touchdown.

The line-up: SUBSTITUTES.  SECOND ELEVEN. Blagden, l.e.  r.e., Lane Lehmann, l.t.  r.t., Davie Kidder, l.g.  r.g., Pell Sugden, c.  c., Carrick Carroll, r.g.  l.g., McFadon Derby, r.t.  l.t., Squires Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Bartels Noyes, q.b.  q.b., Mahoney Goodhue, Randall, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Hurd Nesmith, Dodge, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Cruger, Morris, Gring Mills, Harrison, f.b.  f.b., Sperry