Facts About Harvard-Yale Game

Facts concerning the Harvard-Yale game are as follows:

In the first half the University rushed 34 times for a gain of 125 1-2 yards and for a loss of 9 yards, while Yale rushed 22 times, gaining 77 yards and losing 4. The University punted 6 times for a total distance of 213 yards, while Yale made 247 yards in 7 punts. Harvard ran kicks back 4 times for a total gain of 57 yards, Yale for 58 yards, although the kicks were run back only 3 times. Twice the University fumbled, once losing the ball; blocked one kick; lost the ball once on downs; and attempted two field goals. Yale fumbled once, losing the ball, blocked one kick; never lost the ball on downs and made no attempts for field goals. The University was penalized 25 yards and Yale 15.

In the second half the University made 44 rushes for a total gain of 126 1-2 yards and a loss of 3 yards. In 14 rushes Yale gained 42 yards and also lost 3. Harvard punted 6 times for a distance of 215 yards, while Yale in 11 kicks made 409 yards. Harvard gained 44 yards in the 4 times kicks were run back, and Yale gained 18 in 2 attempts. Three times the University team fumbled, but always regained the ball; once blocked a kick; twice lost the ball on downs; and attempted one field goal. Yale made no fumbles, blocked two kicks; never lost the ball on downs and tried for no goals from the field. Harvard was penalized 30 yards to Yale's 20 yards.

Harvard's average gain by rushing was 3 3-13 yards, while Yale's was 3 1-3 yards. LeMoyne's punts averaged 35 2-3 yards and Mitchell's 37 4-9 yards. In running back kicks the University eleven averaged 12 5-8 yards, their opponents 15 1-5 yards.