West Point, 40; Annapolis, 5

West Point defeated Annapolis in football Saturday on Franklin Field, Philadelphia, by a score of 40 to 5, this being the fifth game that West Point has won out of nine that have been played between the two academies. The Navy's only score was made shortly after the first kick-off, when the ball was obtained on a fumble on West Point's 15-yard line and after the third down Chambers kicked a goal from placement. After an exchange of kicks, West Point secured the ball on a fumble on her opponent's 25-yard line, and in a few rushes Prince made a touchdown, from which Graves kicked the goal. Three minutes later the Army received the ball on the Navy's 8-yard line, through Strassburger's fumble of Prince's punt, and in three rushes pushed Davis over for a touchdown. Doe kicked the goal. After an exchange of punts the Army secured the ball on the Navy's 41-yard line and Prince broke through for the third touchdown, Doe kicking the goal. The half ended a moment later.

In the second half West Point's greater weight wore down the Annapolis line, and the Army gained at will. Two attempts at field goals were made by Annapolis, but West Point secured the ball and by steady rushes, carried it 90 yards for the fourth touchdown, Cooper scoring. Doe failed to kick the goal. A fumble by the Navy shortly after the next kick-off gave West Point the ball on her opponent's 23-yard line and in six rushes Prince made the fifth touchdown, Doe kicking the goal. The Navy team was fast going to pieces and when, after an exchange of kicks, West Point secured the ball on the Navy's 45-yard line, it was an easy matter for Davis to score the sixth touchdown in eight rushes. He also kicked the goal. With only a few minutes to play, interference with a free catch on the 30-yard line gave the Army a chance for a goal from placement, which Davis kicked.

The line-up: WEST POINT.  ANNAPOLIS. Hammond, r.e.  l.e., Howard Graves, r.t.  l.t., Grady, Doherty Thompson, Mettler, r.g.  l.g., Chambers, Smith Tipton, c.  c., Rees Riley, l.g.  r.g., Oak, McConnell Doe, Thompson, l.t.  r.t., Doherty, Piersol Rockwell, Gillespie, l.e.  r.e., Soule, Whiting Hackett, q.b.  q.b., Straussburger, Wilcox Farnsworth, Cooper, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Decker, Strassburger Prince, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Root, Dowell Davis, f.b.  f.b., Halsey