Lectures on Geological Subjects.

Under the auspices of the Department of Geology, a series of six lectures will be given in the Geological Lecture Room of the University Museum on successive Friday afternoons at 4.30 o'clock, beginning November 13. With the exception of the second lecture they will all be illustrated by stereopticon, and during the quarter hour preceding each, a number of books, maps, photographs or specimens illustrating the subject to be treated, will be exhibited on tables in the lecture room and explained by several members of the Department to those who wish to examine them. The lectures are as follows:

November 13.--"The Natural History of the Diamond," Professor Palache.

November 20.--"The Climate of the Philippines," Professor Ward.

November 27.--"Recent Studies of the Ice-Age in Eastern Massachusetts," Professor Wood.

December 4.--"The Geological History of Niagara Falls," Professor Davis.

December 11.--"Evidences for Evolution Shown by Some Fossil Types," Professor Jackson.

December 18.--"The Scientific Problems of the Yellowstone Park," Professor Jaggar.