Debating Club Meeting Yesterday.

At a meeting of the administrative body of the old University Debating Club yesterday, it was voted to change the name of this club to the University Debating Council. This action was taken because of the confusion arising from the fact that the two University debating clubs have hitherto had the same name.

It was also voted to present a silver cup to A. S. Hayes '91, for the last three years coach of the teams that have debated against Yale.

It was announced at the meeting that the Hon. Arthur P. Stone '93 has been appointed coach for the team that will debate against Princeton some time in May.

A committee of three, consisting of W. T. Foster 1G., H. W. Wheeler '06, and F. E. Neagle '05, was appointed to investigate the desirability of publishing a booklet giving a history of debating at Harvard, together with a list of questions of all the debates the club has managed, as well as pictures and a general account of all Harvard debating teams.

Several amendments to the constitution and to University debating regulations were submitted and will be acted on later.